We will resume the buying in of secondhand books on Tuesday June 8th.
This will be done on an appointment only basis 7 days a week between 10am and 5pm.
Please call the store or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Please note some conditions:
- We are only considering select items: general fiction, crime fiction, fiction in translation, Irish fiction, classics, sci-fi/fantasy, horror, selected children’s books, history, Irish interest, travel writing, popular psychology, art, popular science. We are no longer buying DVDs or CDs
- We will be operating on appointments by pre-booking only; we cannot consider walk-ins at present
- Appointment times will be between 10am to 1pm Thursday to Saturday
If you wish to sell books that fall into the any of the above categories, it is still advisable to speak to a purchaser in advance: (01) 8792700 Or email a list of books you wish to sell to: email@example.com
You can arrange an appointment by phone or by email.
We ask you to be respectful towards staff. Thank you.
How does it work?
Our price is based on their secondhand retail value, which takes into account an item’s desirability, its price new and our current stock levels. We cannot say what we would be interested in on any given day, so it’s always best to contact us before you call in. However, we usually welcome classic fiction, vintage Penguin paperbacks, westerns, crime fiction, sci-fi, literary fiction, Folio Society books, history and Irish interest books.
All books and items must be evaluated in store to accurately assess their resale value – we are unable to quote prices over the phone/via email.
General guidelines for books:
- No rips, tears, stains or odours
- No writing or highlighting (owner’s name written in the front is fine)
- No loose pages
- No broken bindings
- No library or ex-library books
- No proof copies or books marked “not for resale”
- All hardcovers should have a dustjacket (if originally sold with one)
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian if trading books.
Contact the secondhand department by email, or by phone at (01) 879 2700.