We buy, sell and exchange books, CDs and DVDs for cash or store credit.
Our price is based on their secondhand retail value, which takes into account an item’s desirability, its price new and our current stock levels. We cannot say what we would be interested in on any given day, so it’s always best to contact us before you call in. However, we usually welcome classic fiction, vintage Penguin paperbacks, westerns, crime fiction, sci-fi, literary fiction, Folio Society books, history and Irish interest books. We only buy the current editions of college books – we can check these for you if you include the title and ISBN in your email.
All books and items must be evaluated in store to accurately assess their resale value – we are unable to quote prices over the phone/via email.
For larger quantities of books (50 or over), please telephone/email ahead to be sure we can accommodate you.
We look at books 7 days a week up to 30 minutes before closing time.
These are our guidelines, for books, CDs and DVDs:
- No rips, tears, stains or odours
- No writing or highlighting (owner’s name written in the front is fine)
- No loose pages
- No broken bindings
- No library or ex-library books
- No proof copies or books marked “not for resale”
- All hardcovers should have a dustjacket (if originally sold with one)
- All books that included media (CDs, DVDs, maps etc) should have them
- CDs & DVDs should not be scratched and should have their original covers (we do not buy CD singles or copies of CDs or DVDs)
- We don’t buy magazines or out-of-date travel guides
- We don’t buy or sell school books
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian if trading books.
Contact the secondhand department by email, or by phone at (01) 879 2700.